DO YOU GARDEN? I am researching a book called "My Very First Garden" (about edible gardening... fruits, vegetables, herbs, etc.) and need your true stories! Do you have a good (or even bad!) memory about the first garden you ever did? Was it inside in pots, outside when you were a kid, or in a community garden? Did you harvest anything or did the rabbits get it all? Please submit your short but true story to vikkibooks at yahoo dot com by April 27 2010. Your submission implies your consent to use your story and the possibility of (minor) editing. Thanks!

Prep and Funnel Clouds

Tween and I had a busy day today. We worked on the "pink" bedroom, getting stuff out, rearranging the furniture, changing out the curtains, etc. I took Tween out to eat as a thanks for his hard work, and he got sick. Damn restaurants! We need more restaurants that serve organic gluten-free foods.

But that's neither here nor there.

By the time I got him up, in the bathroom to hug the toilet, his bed ready and fan on, and him into bed, I got a call that we had a tornado warning near us. I threw some clothes back on him, we grabbed some stuff and headed to the basement office. He curled up on the floor with a pillow and a blanket that I had just washed last weekend. We were only there for 20 minutes or so, but it was a LONG 20 minutes. He's terrified of tornadoes. That's a big factor in the next house we buy ... needs a bigger basement.

I think we made enough headway to stop today. He's resting in bed, with the fan on, holding his little tummy (can you tell I'm a mom?) and reading a book about dumb criminals. I'm gonna prep for tomorrow: handyman expected to make some minor repairs, and so is the guy to replace our garage door. Fun.

0 comments:

Copyright (c) 2008-2010 VP Lawrence-Williams and Doug Williams - Please respect our art, words and images. You must gain permission to use any images, words or photos on this site. Contact us first. We will determine a usage fee if appropriate. Thank you.