DO YOU GARDEN? I am researching a book called "My Very First Garden" (about edible gardening... fruits, vegetables, herbs, etc.) and need your true stories! Do you have a good (or even bad!) memory about the first garden you ever did? Was it inside in pots, outside when you were a kid, or in a community garden? Did you harvest anything or did the rabbits get it all? Please submit your short but true story to vikkibooks at yahoo dot com by April 27 2010. Your submission implies your consent to use your story and the possibility of (minor) editing. Thanks!

9/26: Bits and Pieces

Garden:
I took a little stroll through our garden this morning. The cornpatch with the sunflowers, gourds, corn and beans are still dying, but as the leaves start to shrivel up, we are discovering several winter squashes we hadn't seen while hidden. We'll have quite a few Mexican X-Tops, a couple of Sugar Pie Pumpkins, and there's a few weird-shaped squashes that we have no clue what they are. The string beans are still producing so that's good.

The peas have mostly sprouted so we'll have about 20 pea vines. The lettuce has sprouted but we haven't seen any spinach sprout yet. (It's been about 17 days.)

I picked a few white scallop squash. We have so many of them I don't think we can eat any more. I'm going to grate a couple to freeze (to use in "zucchini" bread), and dehydrate a few too. We're still picking tomatoes but that's definitely slowed down. I guess I got about 15 yellow pears today.

Business:
We're still having troubles with the software provider; THAT stress hasn't helped at all. Doug and I will hash out the future of New View Group this weekend.

Health:
I wore the holter (heart) monitor for 24 hours, and recorded several incidences of heart palpitations and pains. Not especially uncomfortable but still made me self-conscious so once I got home, stayed home until the 24 hours was up and it turned itself off. Then I disengaged it. By keeping the diary, I realized that I get symptoms not only when at rest, but also when arguing with son about schoolwork or behavior, or watching a crime drama show. And everytime I attempted to work on this problem with our software provider. Hmm... interesting.

Politics:
Glad McCain is going to be joining Obama at the Presidential Debate tonight. This is especially the time when we need straight-shooters telling us what's going on and what is being done about it. Just hope they get down to brass tacks about the utmost concerns of American Citizens, and restrain themselves from name-calling and attacks.

Vikki www.newviewgroupllc.com

0 comments:

Copyright (c) 2008-2010 VP Lawrence-Williams and Doug Williams - Please respect our art, words and images. You must gain permission to use any images, words or photos on this site. Contact us first. We will determine a usage fee if appropriate. Thank you.