DO YOU GARDEN? I am researching a book called "My Very First Garden" (about edible gardening... fruits, vegetables, herbs, etc.) and need your true stories! Do you have a good (or even bad!) memory about the first garden you ever did? Was it inside in pots, outside when you were a kid, or in a community garden? Did you harvest anything or did the rabbits get it all? Please submit your short but true story to vikkibooks at yahoo dot com by April 27 2010. Your submission implies your consent to use your story and the possibility of (minor) editing. Thanks!

9/24: Bits and Pieces

MOAB:
This Mother of all Bailouts (MOAB - coined by http://www.survivalblog.com/) - I've heard $70 billion and this morning I heard $700 billion - which is right?

Guess it doesn't matter. If it goes through as it, the "little people" (middle and lower class) are going to get screwed again. As written, we will be paying for the bailout and not getting any direct benefit.

Health:
It was a very rough night with the longest episode of heart palpitations yet, so I only got 3 hours of sleep. I warned Weslee first thing this morning about the situation and how I need him to help me be on an even keel, doing his schoolwork and following the basic rules of the house. It helped for about 4 hours. Without giving all the details, let me just say that it's been horrible since about noon. And he will be paying for a new MP3 player and special headset out of his allowance!

Garden:
I haven't watered the back garden yet today, but did the front. Picked a really big boston pickling cucumber and a bush cucumber. The black turtle beans are about white-papery enough to be harvested; maybe the weekend. The sunflower seeds I planted in the front yard to "hide" the aspen tree we had to cut down have gotten about 6 foot tall, and one has opened! Looks like another couple of strawberries and a few raspberries will probably be ready by Thur or Friday. The big yellow globes out front have turned orange so we're thinking they might be pumpkins after all. Probably a different kind from what's in the backyard pumpkin patch.

Miscellaneous:
I just put ingredients into the breadmaker to test a recipe I came up with for "sweet egg-and-oat bread". I set the machine for basic bread (almost 4 hours) so should be ready by dinner time (it started around 1 p.m.). As soon as Weslee finishes one more schoolwork, I'm going up and taking a nap. Very tired.

p.s. Bread recipe needs tweaking; too much liquid. When I have it perfected, I'll post it. Meanwhile, it's 6:06 p.m. and I'm ready to get ready for bed and a night of new TV show episodes.

Vikki www.newviewgroupllc.com

0 comments:

Copyright (c) 2008-2010 VP Lawrence-Williams and Doug Williams - Please respect our art, words and images. You must gain permission to use any images, words or photos on this site. Contact us first. We will determine a usage fee if appropriate. Thank you.